New Zealand Wheelchair Rugby (NZWR) is an Incorporated Society with Charitable Status that is the overall governing body for the sport of wheelchair rugby in New Zealand. We are currently recruiting an administrator/project facilitator to serve as an independent contractor, with a healthy remuneration package to be offered to the successful applicant.
The administrator's responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with administrative support to NZWR and its Competitions Coordinator.
- Revenue creation through seeking sponsorship, project management & fundraising.
- Assisting with the preparation of NZWR reports.
- Assist in developing and improving NZWR’s online presence.
- Working to promote and grow the game both regionally and nationally.
- Assisting NZWR Head Coach/Team Manager with administrative tasks of the high performance program.
- Governance Responsibilities, such as facilitating and assisting the handover of new roles for all key personnel each year.
The amount of work required to complete the Services shall be variable during the course of the year, but it is expected an average of 20 hours per week will be required to adequately complete the Services, although there will be periods where work shall be greater and less.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer literacy with access to a computer and internet connection
- Drive and initiative to increase the membership base & fundraising activities
- Experience in, and a passion for, the sport of wheelchair rugby and/or administration of sport is preferable but not essential.
If you think you have skill set and drive that our organization requires, please send your resume to either:
Applications must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 6 July, 2016.